Tuesday 1 May 2018

Assignment 5 Tutor feedback.


Tutor feed back was via Google Hangout and I felt that the discussion was very positive.  The main points are:

  • In the conclusion to the story where I mention the possibility of using Robert Louis Stevenson's Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes as a project to investigate the fact that landscapes hold memories.  I suggested that it could be done as part of a holiday.  Robert suggested using the word project rather than holiday;
  • I had misinterpreted Robert's comment in Assignment 4 when he said: 'But this has to be answered at some point within the work wouldn't you agree? Or could you just present 'bewilderment'......I'm not saying it isn't, the process is also part of the resolution.'  I interpreted this to mean that a set of images solely on Bewilderment would work.  Robert meant, though, that it wouldn't be possible to present Bewilderment without a resolution; there has to be some answer;
  • In view of the point above, it would not be a good idea to present a set of bewildered images for assessment;
  • It would be good to present Assignment 5 as a booklet;
  • The installation images are good and could be presented for assessment either as part of Assignment 5 in the booklet or, perhaps, as some sample prints.  These also illustrate (as does the assignment itself) how the Shul project has developed to incorporate Bewilderment.
  • There was a discussion around the idea of landscape and memory, including Simon Schama's 1966 book;
  • This led onto a discussion of Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes and my mother's writing on her Memorable Day.  A day out with her father on his bread round round delivering bread baked earlier in the morning by horse-drawn baker's van.  This was written in the 1960s, but took place in 1930 when she was eight;
  • The above is evidence of sustaining my proctice and it would be good to evidence this in my assessment presentation with sample images of both family archive and my own contemporary imagery and text (scans of my mother's handwriting;
  • A further discussion is to take place before presenting the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment