Wednesday 2 May 2018

Landscape Photographer of the Year, Manchester, Piccadilly Station.

Landscape Photographer of the Year.

Manchester, Piccadilly Station.

It was a day of exhibitions last Saturday.  I couldn't believe my luck on arriving at Manchester Piccadilly, early for the study visit at The Whitworth, to find an exhibition of the current Landscape Photographer of the Year.  I include below some of my favourites and the caption that went with them.  As much as I like landscape photography I now favour series of images that tell a story, rather than the 'camera club' type single image for competition purposes.  That said, these are superb images.  I am also not sure that we need all of the camera and exposure details - we need none of this to read the narrative in the image and it actually distracts the viewer from making their own interpretation.








No comments:

Post a Comment