Saturday 10 March 2018

SHUL - The Book

Hurray!!  It is finished and in my possession and I am delighted!!


In order to publish this project I had always envisaged it as an exhibition, but I also felt that an artist’s book would express my feelings about woods and walking and appropriately display my images.  Rather than a commercial style such as Photobox or Blurb, the aim was to produce a hand-crafted art book.  I discussed the book with bookbinder, Mags Bradley, last Autumn in order to refine my ideas.  As I feel that the land, especially footpaths hold memories, the medieval style was perfect.  I particularly wanted wooden covers as the images had been taken in woodland and ash is such an iconic tree of the Lincolnshire countryside.  It is, perhaps, poignant that we may lose many of these wonderful trees though ash die back disease.
My thanks go to Mags for working with me on this and for producing such a wonderful piece of work.

Some images of the book are included below and here is a link to an audio visual presentation of it on Vimeo.





No comments:

Post a Comment